2.18.2014

Valentine’s Love

ff

I have so much love for Valentine’s Day and this year it definitely loved me back! Scott knows this is one of my favorite days and he always goes the extra mile to make it great for me.

Vivi and I started the morning off with her cute new outfit from Grandma Julie! My mom is the best and gave each of us thoughtful Valentine’s! I also made little cookie flowers for everyone at the office and Vivi & I spread some love at work. Scott had flowers and chocolate covered strawberries (amazing!) delivered to us! I also found an oversized (it’s tradition) card from him in my car when I left for work that morning. I loved that Valentine’s Day was actually on a FRIDAY! So, we got to leave work a couple hours early and relax a little before our date that night.

Scott told me to dress up and be ready to leave the house by 5:30! So, of course I was ready by about 6:15 and we headed to Lehi to drop Vivi off with my sisters who agreed to watch her for us.

Based on my dad’s recommendation, Scott chose Faustina in downtown Salt Lake for dinner. It was the perfect choice!

f

As we walked in, the hostess handed me a beautiful long stem red rose and took us to our private table. The ambience there was so nice and quiet, it was set up so romantic and perfect for Valentine’s Day! I much prefer this setting for a date than a busy, crowded restaurant! There was a Prex Fixe Menu for the holiday and we had a few options for each course. I had never been to a real multi-course dinner before, and it was awesome! Here a few of our delicious courses:

Sautéed Shrimp:

3

Pear and Spinach Salad with Fried Goat Cheese:

4

Vegetable Stuffed Portabella Mushroom:

5 

After dinner we took a trip to Trader Joes (my fave! and it was right in the neighborhood) and stocked up on some delicious goods. Afterwards Scott had a few more fun surprises for me: we drove to a pretty lookout point and he busted out some fake champagne and a little cake! I love cake! Especially when I don’t have to make it (which is rare!). He is so sweet and it was just a perfect night.~

h

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful, thoughtful, patient husband. He is the best Valentine and I often take him for granted throughout our daily lives; which is why I think Valentine’s Day is so important!

I hope you all had a LOVELY day!

1 comment: