12.26.2012

Just another {homemade} Christmas

IMG_02152

The title is from one of my very favorite Christmas songs, “Another Homemade Christmas in Kentucky” by Kenny Rogers. Check it out, its great. I grew up listening to the album at Christmas and so did Scott.

 

Any way, Christmas this year was spent with my family here in Utah. Scott and I stayed at my parent’s home for a few nights so we had fun spending some quality time with them. On Christmas Eve day we had a few errands to run and gifts to deliver to family. We got caught in a white out blizzard and had some good times trying to stay on the road. But, we were happy that we were having a {very} White Christmas!

IMG_0180IMG_0175

 

In our family, we do the big Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve. Our tradition is steak and shrimp. Yes, it is delicious. And yes, my mom is an amazing cook and makes everything look so special.

IMG_0198IMG_01861IMG_0210

 

After dinner Tiffany made us delicious shortbread cookies while the rest of us played Monopoly {Chris won}. We ended the night by watching “A Christmas Carol” per my dad’s tradition!

IMG_0189IMG_0184

 

Christmas morning:

We got to sleep in, which I was grateful for! I think I got out of bed around 9am and we all started going through our stockings. Scott and I only did stocking gifts for each other this year, since we don’t need much and we are saving for our baby girl. (Not to mention I just went on a 2 week vacation…) But, he did great and got me some awesome stocking stuffers! Thanks for helping him, Tiff.

4IMG_02503j

I bought Scott a Super Nintendo/Original Nintendo combo console and Super Mario. He loved it and I will actually want to play it with him since it doesn’t have zombies or machine guns or blood.

And here’s me in my favorite gift: a ‘glider’ for our nursery! It also has a foot rest that rocks back and forth. Love it! Now I just need a baby to rock.

IMG_0248

We all were overly blessed and got awesome gifts. Baby Girl Schlegel had a fabulous Christmas and she didn’t even know it! Lots of adorable clothes, handmade blankets and shoes. It made me super anxious for her to arrive. Only 12 more weeks though!

 

The aftermath:

IMG_0251

 

We spent the rest of the day in our pajamas, snacking on yummy food and playing way too much Monopoly {Chris won, again}. We got to Skype with Scott’s family which was really fun.

It was a wonderful Christmas and we are truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

:a   :b   :c   :d   :e   :f   :g   :h   :i   :j   :k   :l   :m   :n   :o   :p   :q   :r   :s   :t